Hi there.

My photo
Jill Brown has over 15 years of experience in the field of photography. She has studied photography at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. She spent time working on her personal fine art work for many years and in 2003 started her first wedding and portrait photography business in St. Louis, MO. Jill moved to Des Moines, IA in 2005 and has continued her wedding and portrait business along with her fine art photography. Jill currently has work displayed in and around the Des Moines area as well as work in personal collections around the world. Jill uses both medium format film cameras and digital formats to create her images. This is how the artist describes her work: “My work is a reflection of everyday life and places. I chose the medium of photography as a tool to capture the essence of the person or place. I create images to depict the subject as they are remembered in the mind. Not posed or unnatural, but as a window into the intimate world of the subject.” Jill Brown is a member of Professional Photographers of America.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 Personal Goals (...yeah I'm bloggin it too... you don't have to read it if you don't want to... I totally understand... )

This post is more for personal reference and a declaration so that maybe, maybe I can stick to this.  I have two main goals this year... and they are rather simple...

*ONE*  ...to take a photograph every day.  A 365 project.  My 12 year-old daughter found an "app" for our iPhones called "Project 365".  It's nothing fancy... just a way to organize the photos we take for our 365 project.  We are doing it together.  We remind each other... "did you take your photo today?".  They are all going to be taken with the iPhone camera... mostly because it's ALWAYS with me.  I'm pretty excited about it and think it's awesome that Hannah and I are doing it together.  So far I've taken a photo every day.  Some days they are carefully thought through... some days I say... "Oh crap!  I still need to talk my daily photo!"  :)  Here's a photo from day two...

Morning Coffee... almost gone.


*TWO*  ...to do more creative, personal work.  I spend so much time photographing for other people (which I *love* so much!!), I don't get much time to photograph for myself.  When I first moved to Iowa I was *in love* with all of the wonderful barns scattered everywhere.  For a whole year I shot barns.  I would drag my husband out on a Saturday afternoon and go on a barn hunt.  I would experiment with editing... using more creative techniques.  It fed my right brain.  My right brain is feeling somewhat deprived these days.  So this year it's time to feed the right brain.  Here's one from my barn series (circa 2006)...

Barn, Number 16

If you read this all the way through... thanks!  I wish you all the luck in the world with all of your goals set for 2010.  Take care...

No comments: