Hi there.

My photo
Jill Brown has over 15 years of experience in the field of photography. She has studied photography at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. She spent time working on her personal fine art work for many years and in 2003 started her first wedding and portrait photography business in St. Louis, MO. Jill moved to Des Moines, IA in 2005 and has continued her wedding and portrait business along with her fine art photography. Jill currently has work displayed in and around the Des Moines area as well as work in personal collections around the world. Jill uses both medium format film cameras and digital formats to create her images. This is how the artist describes her work: “My work is a reflection of everyday life and places. I chose the medium of photography as a tool to capture the essence of the person or place. I create images to depict the subject as they are remembered in the mind. Not posed or unnatural, but as a window into the intimate world of the subject.” Jill Brown is a member of Professional Photographers of America.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What's been going on?

Well, it looks like I haven't blogged anything since February.  I'm not quite sure how time got away from me.  There is much to catch up on!

In March, Dave and I went to Mexico and had a wonderful time.  We stayed at a beautiful resort with a gorgeous view from our room.  We spent much time at the beach and ate wonderful meals.  You could want for nothing while we were there!  I was able to cross off a bucket list item while we were there - we went to see Mayan ruins!




In April, I shot a couple of sessions...

Chris and Dania who were married this past weekend.

The Bottenfield family, whom I've had the joy of photographing many times since they were married last year.

The Hogan family, whom I've also been fortunate enough to photograph several times and watch this little man grow.


In May, my baby brother graduated from the University of Central Florida.  Wow.  I can't believe he's a graduate!  He has his sights set on officers training in the Air Force now.  Good luck bro!!

Me, my brother, my sister and my dad


I also did several sessions and a wedding in May... ah Wedding Season has begun!

Chris and Jessica who will be married this coming weekend.

The Barthel family, who I have the honor of photographing their wedding and now their family!


The Broberg family!  I met Kiki via Etsy - she has a sweet shop!  She is so kind as is her family!

Tammi and David were married on May 25th.  Such a great couple!!

The Park family - I have known this family since before they were married.  They are some of my oldest and dearest friends.  


In June I shot a a couple of weddings, another awesome session for Ichi Bike and my sister's condemned house.  A separate blog will be all about my sister's condemned house, but for now you can read about it on their Facebook page.  I also got to see Fleetwood Mac - front row!!  Oh - and one more thing!  The book that my photos are in has been published and is available for purchase here on Amazon!  

 Dan and Tiffany were married on June 1st.  Such a beautiful day - complete with a rainbow!

My sister's broken house... makes me sad.

Patty and Shelley were married on June 15th.  Awesome people!!!

Dan Koenig of Ichi Bike with his son and mom - making rad bike seats from old skateboards!

"My Cool Bike" - my photos of Ichi Bike are on pages 46 - 48!


July, so far has been great and busy!  I am officially the mother of three teenage daughters.  Gracie turned 14 and Mary turned 13.  (Hannah turns 16 later this year - omg!)  July also is filled with wedding shoots, birthdays, family sessions, the Des Moines Arts Festival, the Dark Star Orchestra concert and visits from family and friends!  

Summer is flying by and I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I am!  Until the next blog - bye!!

1 comment:

canvas print said...

you got yourself some nice photos there. great memories.