Hi there.

My photo
Jill Brown has over 15 years of experience in the field of photography. She has studied photography at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. She spent time working on her personal fine art work for many years and in 2003 started her first wedding and portrait photography business in St. Louis, MO. Jill moved to Des Moines, IA in 2005 and has continued her wedding and portrait business along with her fine art photography. Jill currently has work displayed in and around the Des Moines area as well as work in personal collections around the world. Jill uses both medium format film cameras and digital formats to create her images. This is how the artist describes her work: “My work is a reflection of everyday life and places. I chose the medium of photography as a tool to capture the essence of the person or place. I create images to depict the subject as they are remembered in the mind. Not posed or unnatural, but as a window into the intimate world of the subject.” Jill Brown is a member of Professional Photographers of America.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Helming Family!

Date:  February 27, 2010
Location:  Helming Home

I met up with the Helming family on an absolutely beautiful late winter morning... the sun was shining, the birds were singing and I left the house without needing a coat!  Yeah! 

I spent an hour with sweet little 6 month old Tyler and his family.  Tyler is the spitting image of his daddy and the apple of his mama's eye.  I just loved taking photos of him - such a ham!

Thank you Cassie and Jared for spending part of your Saturday morning with me!


February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

February 27, 2010: Family Session

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That is one cute little kidlette... and just look at his tiny feet. My Mom would just die.. she loves little toes.

Awesome photos, Jill. I love black and white.. especially high contrast. :)

Jill Brown said...

Hey! Thanks Becky!!