Hi there.

My photo
Jill Brown has over 15 years of experience in the field of photography. She has studied photography at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. She spent time working on her personal fine art work for many years and in 2003 started her first wedding and portrait photography business in St. Louis, MO. Jill moved to Des Moines, IA in 2005 and has continued her wedding and portrait business along with her fine art photography. Jill currently has work displayed in and around the Des Moines area as well as work in personal collections around the world. Jill uses both medium format film cameras and digital formats to create her images. This is how the artist describes her work: “My work is a reflection of everyday life and places. I chose the medium of photography as a tool to capture the essence of the person or place. I create images to depict the subject as they are remembered in the mind. Not posed or unnatural, but as a window into the intimate world of the subject.” Jill Brown is a member of Professional Photographers of America.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July BASH!

My very good friend Becky and her husband have a really beautiful piece of property here in Iowa.  Every 4th of July they host at their home a 4th of July Bash.  We and several other fun lovin' people were invited and it was such an awesome time.  


Let me just tell you all about it!


There was CAMPING!  Dave and I pulled our camper and camped in Becky's front yard!  YEAH!  
There was LIVE MUSIC!  Jen Hein's husband Steffen bought out his guitar and played a few songs for us.  Becky's dad even joined him for a few too!
There was tons of yummy FOOD!
There was HOOPING!  We hooped A LOT.  There were about 8 hoops out there!  Maggie even brought with her a LED hoop made by her man and my good friend John!  Talk about pretty!
There were GLOW STICKS!
There were FIREWORKS - and I mean FiReWoRkS!  Becky's bro-in-law is a licensed pyro-technician and put on an awesome display!  John got some awesome shots of the show.  Check it out here!


...does it get any better?  I think not.  THANKS!  Becky and family for putting on the most amazing evening.  
...I kid you not... there were several moments that I was pretty sure I was in heaven.  :)  




4th-bash-1
Becky!

4th-bash-2
Hooping!

4th-bash-3
Skye!

4th-bash-4

4th-bash-5
The campsite with my camper and friends all around.  :)

4th-bash-6
More hooping!

4th-bash-7

4th-bash-8
Skye!

4th-bash-9
Devil Sticks!  I haven't seen these since a Dead show in 1995!  Good times!

4th-bash-10
I LOVE I mean I L-O-V-E acoustic guitar played live.  LOVE IT.

4th-bash-11
Skye!

4th-bash-12
Fireworks before ignition.

4th-bash-13

4th-bash-14
Safety first!

4th-bash-15
Becky's round house!

4th-bash-16
My step-son Mike and my husband Dave.  :)

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

BECKSTER! SKYE! DAVE! HOOPS! Fireworks, yay!!!!

k.a. barnes said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun!
And what a bee-yoo-tiful doggie!