Hi there.

My photo
Jill Brown has over 15 years of experience in the field of photography. She has studied photography at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. She spent time working on her personal fine art work for many years and in 2003 started her first wedding and portrait photography business in St. Louis, MO. Jill moved to Des Moines, IA in 2005 and has continued her wedding and portrait business along with her fine art photography. Jill currently has work displayed in and around the Des Moines area as well as work in personal collections around the world. Jill uses both medium format film cameras and digital formats to create her images. This is how the artist describes her work: “My work is a reflection of everyday life and places. I chose the medium of photography as a tool to capture the essence of the person or place. I create images to depict the subject as they are remembered in the mind. Not posed or unnatural, but as a window into the intimate world of the subject.” Jill Brown is a member of Professional Photographers of America.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Skye's Injury and Hot Pot!

Yesterday afternoon, my sweet Skye was playing in the back yard.  He was wiggling and pouncing just like all little puppies do.  Then one of his cute little pounces ended in an emergency trip to the vet.  I watched in slow-motion as poor little Skye slammed both his little legs down on a broken Mason Jar in my back yard.  I didn't realize it was even there until it was too late.  He was cut deep on both legs.  We rushed him to the vet to find out that he needed stitches in both, but that he was going to be okay.  *phew!*  


Skye came home yesterday evening with both legs bandaged and a cone on his head.  He will have to wear it for about 10 days.  




Poor Skye




Now for the Hot Pot event!


We had two new guests this time!  Kasey, a fellow BABB blogger, and her fiance Scott came along!  It was a great time.  Kasey even made her KCitos (her recipe for Mojitos) which were killer.  :)  All the usual crowd was there too!  


Maggie and John even brought me a little surprise.  It was something I have been asking for from my husband for 15+ years - it was a hammock!  It is very big and so very beautiful with many, many colors.  :)  I cannot wait to get it hung in the back yard and take a nap.  


It was a great night for Hot Pot.  I will say I am already looking forward to the next one - to be held out at Becky's during the meteor shower in August!






Kasey!


Kasey's Scott - who also is a camera nut.  :)


Brian with his new hair cut

Becky
Becky (I think she had just gotten done making a phone call to her boss - heehee)

Dave
My hubby - still in his work clothes.

Hot Pot
The Hot Pot clan around the table:  Becky, Scott, Kasey, Dave, Brian, John)

Hot Pot
More Hot Pot clan (Dave, Brian, John and Maggie)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm.... hot pot! :)

Poor little Skye.... I don't think he really knows that he's hurt tho.. he was pretty chipper when you brought him home. :)

Reverend Awesome said...

Oh Emm Gee it's me!
That was loads of fun. Thanks for having us!
Even though hot pot isn't really my thing I loved being a part of the festivities.

Jill Brown said...

I would agree - I don't think Skye knows he's hurt - until he over does it with his paws.

KASEY! It was great to have you and Scott there! :) You should come again and we will order you pizza.

Unknown said...

.... and I just realized my husband drinks his High Life with the pinkie finger slightly extended. ;)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

HOLY CATS what fuuuuuuuuuuuuun! Poor baby Skye! Jill, you had a HECK of a day. Beckster, there is the hubby, the new haircut and the uniform! Didja have to beat the chicks off him and his package (s)?

k.a. barnes said...

Yay! High Life!!

Christi said...

what's hot pot, and can we do this in Ithaca? Poor Syke, animals in cones always look so sad.

Jill Brown said...

Christi! Here is a link to what Hot Pot is..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_pot
YOU CAN do it in Ithaca! John is working on putting together a step-by-step blog post! :)
Maybe Becky and I will just have to make a trip and show you. :)

Unknown said...

Next summer, the Hot Pot Road Show travels to Ithaca. :)