Hi there.

My photo
Jill Brown has over 15 years of experience in the field of photography. She has studied photography at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. She spent time working on her personal fine art work for many years and in 2003 started her first wedding and portrait photography business in St. Louis, MO. Jill moved to Des Moines, IA in 2005 and has continued her wedding and portrait business along with her fine art photography. Jill currently has work displayed in and around the Des Moines area as well as work in personal collections around the world. Jill uses both medium format film cameras and digital formats to create her images. This is how the artist describes her work: “My work is a reflection of everyday life and places. I chose the medium of photography as a tool to capture the essence of the person or place. I create images to depict the subject as they are remembered in the mind. Not posed or unnatural, but as a window into the intimate world of the subject.” Jill Brown is a member of Professional Photographers of America.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Feelin' the LOVE

I love, love, love to get feedback from my clients. LoVe iT. I mean it. So send it. Good and bad. (Why bad? Because if you are not happy I won't know unless you tell me, if you tell me... just maybe I can fix it and then you will be happy!) Really.

I recently received an email from Rebecca and Chase Lucas who were married this past spring and I thought I would share it with you:


Jill,

Chase and I would just like to thank you for the amazing job you did on our wedding. Initially when I was looking for wedding photographers I was getting rather discouraged, no photographers fit both my budget and artistic style (unless they only photographed for 2 hours.) What a lovely surprise when I found you. Your pictures had just the “pop” I wanted, and I could tell that they were done by someone who had an eye for a good picture.

Chase and I were absolutely not disappointed. Every detail was perfect. Chase and I really appreciated how you worked with our vision while incorporating your style to the photos. Everything was very laid back, and just flowed effortlessly, which is good since a bride doesn’t need to stress about one more thing on the big day. Also we loved the quickness! The pictures were uploaded before we were even halfway through the honeymoon, and the glossy 4x6’s were great to look at when we got back. (It is funny, the day just zooms by, you don’t even know how much you miss till you look at the pictures.) Anyway, Thanks again for dedicating your time and imagination to our wedding, the pictures will be something we will treasure forever.

Thanks!

Rebecca and Chase Lucas

Talk about feeling the love. Wow. Rebecca and Chase... ThAnK YoU so much for taking the time out of your busy new lives together to write this to me. It warms my heart to know...

Wedding: May 22, 2009

No comments: