Hi there.

My photo
Jill Brown has over 15 years of experience in the field of photography. She has studied photography at Missouri State University and Maryville University, St. Louis. She spent time working on her personal fine art work for many years and in 2003 started her first wedding and portrait photography business in St. Louis, MO. Jill moved to Des Moines, IA in 2005 and has continued her wedding and portrait business along with her fine art photography. Jill currently has work displayed in and around the Des Moines area as well as work in personal collections around the world. Jill uses both medium format film cameras and digital formats to create her images. This is how the artist describes her work: “My work is a reflection of everyday life and places. I chose the medium of photography as a tool to capture the essence of the person or place. I create images to depict the subject as they are remembered in the mind. Not posed or unnatural, but as a window into the intimate world of the subject.” Jill Brown is a member of Professional Photographers of America.

Monday, August 31, 2009

TWO Love Letters!

I recently received two love letters! LOVE it! Thank you so much to both of you!!

Janssen Family Session:

I had a fantastic experience with Jill taking photos of my two little girls. She was very nice and pleasant to both of them and was able to get them to play and smile. I really liked the idea that Jill did not pose the girls but just took pictures of them as they are naturally. That made it so much easier to get good pictures, especially when you are dealing with a toddler and a baby. I very much enjoyed my experience with Jill and will definitely be using her in the future to capture my girls growing up!
~ Jackie Janssen



Portrait: 05.30.09

Perry Family Session:

Jill,

I just wanted to share with you how happy I am with the photographs you took of my daughter, Ashlyn. Ashlyn tends to be shy around new people, but you made her feel comfortable right away. She loved the old camera you brought for her to use and it made her feel like a photographer too! Ashlyn told me she liked having you take her pictures because "she letted me make a flower with the flower petals."

As you know, I have yet to pick out my pictures because they are all so beautiful. I sent the link to my family and posted it on my Facebook page along with a link to your blog. I have received so many compliments! You captured Ashlyn's expressions and personality perfectly.

Thank you again for making this such a positive experience!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Perry



Portrait Session:  July 11, 2009

No comments: